As previously announced, the Tangle Universe BETA 2.0 will be launched in mid-September 2019. We are currently working to expand the Tangle Universe project into a virtual trade fair especially for the areas DLT, IOTA and the Tangle. A place of learning and of future ideas and concepts.
It will be the first virtual exhibition focusing on DLT, IOTA and Tangle. This project is already encountering a very positive feedback from many companies. In the future, the Tangle Universe project will bring people and applications from these areas together and create new ideas. It will be a virtual exhibition under the motto “Tangle Meets User”.
A building block of this virtual fair will be the working groups. There will be working groups for the following topics:
- Smart City: There is currently a lot of movement in transforming cities into livable, safe and resource efficient spaces. There are also first testbeds in which IOTA and Tangle applications play a role. Examples are: Haarlem, Taipei, Austin and + CityxChange.
- Energy: In the future, global energy will be provided less on the basis of coal and oil. The energy transition will be the largest IT project of all time and will only be successful in combination with digitization. Here, IOTA and the Tangle can serve well. For example,the World’s first IOTA Smart Charging Station by Elaadnl.
- Automotive: The automotive sector offers countless possible use cases of IOTA. Starting with data collection with sensors, built-in wallets to the requirements of autonomous driving. In the field of vehicle technology, there are a number of testbeds that are currently receiving public attention. Well-known representatives are Bosch, Volkswagen and Jaguar. But there are many more use cases that are remarkable.
- Supply Chain: With the ability of DLTs to be unalterable, and the ability to pay for IOTA’s unique data streams / data sets, IOTA’s Tangle provides a promising basis for a digital connected value chain. There are currently a number of testbeds in the industrial supply chain. Examples are the work of the WZL of the University in Aachen or the IOTA integration of the Supply chain of the EVERYTHING Platform.
- FinTech: At present, conventional finance is still having a hard time dealing with cryptocurrencies and IOTA. There are regulatory efforts and rejections. The implementation of IOTA / FIAT trading venues is currently also cumbersome.
- E-Health: IOTA aims to enable greater data integrity within the health industry. By securely transmitting and storing individual medical records on the IOTA distributed ledger, access to private medical records can be trusted, secure and controlled. For example Untangle Care is developing an open source DLT layer for healthcare data exchange
- Games: The gaming industry discovers the DLT / IOTA technology. The IOTA protocol offers much for gaming industry in the future. For example, based on the IOTA technology, Paracosm build a manageable cross-reality platform, where anyone can create his own game universe.
- Space Exploration: Space is not any longer. With the arrival of new and low cost satellites, IOTA is ready to transfer data. For example Spacebit is looking to explore IOTA architecture which will include some of the first Qubic protocol layer applications.
Our Working Groups will be online long term working groups that will be similar to a special forum. For this reason, the number of participants will be limited to make the discussions targeted. These working groups will be both representatives of testbeds, ie real use cases, as well as interested people and companies in future use cases and of cause developers. The working groups will focus on:
- Creation of ideas for new use cases and testbeds.
- Experiences with the run of use cases end to end.
- Ideas to integrate cryptocurrencies into a traditional economy.
- How to quantify the benefits and risks of using cryptocurrencies?
- Investigation of the weak spots in the applications.